1. Data Controller By way of this notice, SANTANDER CONSUMER FINANCE, S.A., an institution registered with Banco de España (the Bank of Spain) under number 8.236, with its registered office in Madrid, Avda. de Cantabria, s/n, Edificio 4 Norte-Dehesa, 28660 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid, the owner of this website (hereinafter “the Bank” or the “Website Owner”, indiscriminately), wishes to inform the Users of the Website www.santanderconsumer.com (hereinafter the “Portal”) about its Cookies Policy, so that they are aware of the cookies that shall be used be used as they browse through the Portal, and may consent to the same being used.
2. Concept of Cookies Cookies are files which are downloaded and stored on the computer of the User browsing the Internet and which, in particular, contain a number which allows the User’s computer to be unequivocally identified, even when the User’s location or IP address changes.
Cookies are installed while browsing the Internet, either by the websites that the user visits or by third parties with which the website is associated, and they allow the website to know the user’s activity on the same site or on others associated with it, for example: the location from which it is accessed, the connection time, the device from which it is accessed (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited websites, the number of clicks and data regarding the user’s behaviour on the Internet.
While cookies do not need to be enabled to visit a website, the website may not work correctly if they are disabled. If the user decides not to send cookies to our systems, he/she may “disable” them on the browser, by removing them from his/her browsing history or cache when finished visiting the site.
4. Types of cookie used on the Portal Users browsing the Portal may find cookies inserted directly by the Website Owner, as specified in the section below:
4.1 Cookies that are strictly necessary inserted by the Owner The Owner of the website uses strictly necessary cookies that can be used to facilitate the correct navigation of the website and to ensure that the content thereof is effectively loaded, as well as those strictly necessary for the services that the user can request though the site. Furthermore, these are session cookies which are temporal, and are cancelled and automatically removed when the user closes the navigator.
The cookies we use when a user enters the Portal, according to their purposes are those described below:
|Cookie||Length||Expiry date||Category||Type of use||User identification||Description|
|ASPSSESIONIDxxxxxxxx||Session||End of session||Own||Technical||Anonymous||Server session identification|
4.2. Third-party cookies Below is a list of the different types of third-party cookies that may be downloaded onto your computer when using the Portal, which are sent to your computer or terminal by a domain or device managed by a third party other than the Website Owner, as well as the purposes they serve.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users on the Portal. The information collected with these cookies is used to measure activity on the Portal and to create browsing profiles of its users, in order to make improvements in accordance with usage data analysis.
The table below provides more detailed information on these cookies:
|_ga||2 years||This is used by the web audiences analysis tool to distinguish single users|
|_gid||Session||This is used by the web audiences analysis tool to distinguish single users|
6. Update to the Cookies Policy and contacts This Cookies Policy may change over time, depending on the cookies used.
If the user has any queries concerning the Portal’s Cookies Policy, or wishes to revoke the consent originally granted, he/she may write an e-mail to the Owner at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Cookies Policy” in the subject field.